Hey everyone, hope you are having an amazing day today. Today, we’re going to prepare a special dish, italian wedding soup. One of my favorites food recipes. This time, I’m gonna make it a little bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
After reading everyone elses reviews this is what I did to make the best Italian wedding soup I've EVER tasted. I used to be intimidated to make Italian Wedding Soup. I have no Italian lineage and my mom never made it growing up, so for whatever reason it seemed easy to mess up.
Italian wedding soup is one of the most popular of recent trending foods on earth. It is simple, it is quick, it tastes delicious. It’s appreciated by millions daily. They are nice and they look fantastic. Italian wedding soup is something that I’ve loved my whole life.
To begin with this recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can have italian wedding soup using 18 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Italian wedding soup:
- Prepare meatballs
- Prepare 1 small onion. grated
- Make ready 1/3 cup chopped fresh italian parsley
- Prepare 1 large egg
- Get 1 tsp minced garlic
- Get 1 tsp salt
- Take 1 slice fresh white bread crust trimmed, torn into small pieces
- Make ready 1/2 cup grated parmesan
- Get 8 oz ground beef
- Get 8 oz ground pork
- Make ready 1 freshly ground black pepper
- Prepare soup
- Get 12 cup low sodium chicken broth
- Get 1 lb curly endive or escarole chopped
- Prepare 2 large eggs
- Get 2 tbsp freshly grated parmesan
- Prepare 1 salt and freshly ground pepper
- Take 1/2 box acini di pepe pasta
Calling this "Italian wedding soup" is somewhat of a misnomer since the dish is unrelated to weddings. The name is said to come from the words "minestra maritata," which mean "married soup." Served at every Italian-American wedding across the nation, Italian Wedding Soup is something no self-respecting Italian-American couple would ever think of getting married without it. The whole family loves this Italian wedding soup with tender meatballs, veggies and pasta in a rich, flavorful broth. Italian wedding soup really is such an easy soup to make.
Instructions to make Italian wedding soup:
- To make the meatballs: stir the first 6 ingredients in a large bowl to blend. Stir in the cheese, beef and pork. Using 1 1/2 teaspoons for each, shape the meat mixture into 1/2 inch diameter meatballs. Place on a baking sheet.
- To make the soup: bring the broth to a boil in a large pot over medium high heat. Add the meatballs, curly endive and pasta and simmer until meatballs and pasta are cooked through. About 8 minutes. Whisk the eggs and cheese in a bowl to blend. Stir the soup in a circular motion. Gradually drizzle the egg mixture into the moving broth, stirring gently with a fork to form thin stands of egg, about 1 minute. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Garnish with parmesan.
The part that takes the most time is making the meatballs. You can use any combination of ground meat you like. Italian wedding soup has long been one of my favorite soups, but it's one I've never made myself, as I always assumed it was a chore to make all those meatballs before making the soup itself. This Italian wedding soup is meatballs, vegetables, greens and pasta all simmered together in a savory broth. The perfect way to warm up on a cold day!
So that’s going to wrap it up with this exceptional food italian wedding soup recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am confident that you can make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!